There are practical and easy ways to bring unlimited opportunities and positive energy into your life and home, and create a good first impression using Feng Shui at your front door and entrance. Here are some great tips coming via Jayme Barrett, the best-selling author of Feng Shui Your Life.
First Impressions – The Front Entrance
The front entrance can create a first impression for you and others. It can also bring unlimited opportunities your way. The front entrance sets the intention for your home. When you drive up to your house, it can either emanate an aura of pride, abundance, and success, or give you a feeling of misfortune, laziness, and disarray.
When you’re on vacation and drive up to the hotel’s entrance, what goes through your mind? You look at the buildings landscaping and maintenance, you look at the cars in the parking lot and other indicators. You make instant evaluations, which lead you to be elated with your travel arrangements or extremely disappointed. If the hotel driveway has a grand water fountain, colorful flowers, beautiful trees, and a smiling doorman, you will feel content even before stepping into the lobby.
In the same way, you want your home to welcome you and your guests. You also want to welcome all your opportunities with open and loving arms. Before these “opportunities” starting ringing your doorbell, the goal is to flood them with comfort, happiness, and beauty. While waiting for you to answer, give “opportunity” many reasons to generate positive thoughts about you and your home. Create a shimmering home that stands out.
Front Door Entrance Test
Step outside the door: What do you see? Does your home emanate beauty? Pay attention to the upkeep of the landscaping, roof, and paint. A clean home that’s well cared for will leave a lasting impression. The flowers, shrubs, and trees, should be well-trimmed and thriving. Your paths should lead to your home and easily accessible. Remove dead plants, broken sprinklers, old newspapers, water bottles, trash, bicycles, and garbage bins. Throw out the rubbish and keep everything else out of sight. Here are some more tips.
Look at your community, neighbors, and your street. You must be surrounded by healthy energy. If your ears are bombarded by the sounds of freeway traffic or if there is an oppressive building looming over your home, deflect this disturbing energy from your home. Unfinished home and yard projects will deplete you. Complete these projects so you can arrive home to ease and comfort. Step out of yourself for a moment and judge your home critically. What type of person would you believe lives there? Is that person who you are and who you want to be?
7 Feng Shui Tips That Can Improve Your Front Entrance
- Clear all clutter from your front porch, pathways and yard so that energy can flow into your house.
- Repaint your front door a happy, bright color. Red is the color of abundance and prosperity. Green is the color of money and nature.
- Place a tall plant on either side of your door. These healthy plants should not block your entrance.
- Hang some white lights on the front porch in order to attract golden opportunities.
- On the right side of your main entrance door, install a water fountain which can bring fortunate energy every time you open the door. Check out these from Indoorfountainpros.com.
- Put a statue of a stone Buddha, friendly animal or ceramic angel in your yard to bring protection and stability to your home.
- Place a colorful welcome mat at your front door. Imagine that when your visitors step on that mat, their love for you will grow.